BOSS UP YOUR FINANCIAL GAME
WITH VALERIE VILLARREAL & SERAFINA MILLER
Your no-nonsense guide to financial self-resilience
But it's more than resilience, you'll gain financial confidence, savvy, and a community of women to turn to for advice, support, and encouragement. Give us 6 weeks and we'll give the tools, tricks and resources to make you the GOAT of the financial game.
YOUR MONEY ISN'T WORKING AS HARD AS YOU DO
Managing your money is a skill. Unfortunately, most opportunities to learn this skill are bland, dated, patriarchial, vague, offered by people trying to sell you something, or gatekept for the privileged and wealthy.
This is the antithesis of all of that.
👉🏿 Online, asynchronous instruction designed for busy professionals
👉🏾 Live office hours every Friday at 1:00 pm PST to connect directly with Valerie Villarreal and Serafina Miller
👉🏽 Advice from women with no commercial incentive to “sell” a certain service/fee
👉🏼 Private brain trust for support and encouragement where you can ask anything--nothing taboo or off limits
👉🏻 Broad set of actionable financial and money tools and resources for working women in the growth and savings stage of their career
👉 Modern, fun, and feminist. Yes, learning about money can be all of those things.
Course begins April 19, 2021, 6 weeks of instruction, 2-3 hour time commitment per week
MEET VALERIE VILLARREAL AND SERAFINA MILLER
From working poor to first-gen millionaire
Valerie is a product manager who has worked for the biggest names in consumer tech, a former political scientist, and a corporate strategist with a BA and MBA from Stanford. She's a scrappy, first-generation daughter of immigrants and a mother.
- One of the youngest people to ever be appointed to serve as an investment trustee to a public pension board. As such, she oversaw asset allocation, investment policy, and fund governance for $50BN in assets under management.
- Served in the Obama administration as a senior advisor for the office of Capital Access at the US Small Business Administration.
- Product consult and advisor for early-stage, VC-backed fintech companies.
From low-income housing to single-parent homeowner
Serafina is a Principal with Mercer Health, helping employers to ensure their employee benefits programs integrate with compensation strategies and business objectives, as well as aligning with organizations’ broader Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) strategies, including accelerating DEI through benefits for BIPOC and LGBTQIA+.
- Overcame ostrich and scarcity mentalities to develop a financial identity grounded in courage.
- Her divorce and father's death were hard and powerful lessons on the importance of financial self-resilience.
- Homeowner in San Francisco!
- Advises Fortune 500 companies on benefits and compensation.
6 Weeks, 6 Financial Powers, a Lifetime of Financial Confidence
Week 1: 🙌 Power of community & goals
Week 2: 💸 Earning & Saving Power
Week 3: 📈 Investing power & retirement planning
Week 4: 🏠 Real estate & borrower power
Week 5: 🔐 Downside protecting your family power
Week 6: 🎰 Risky assets power
Bring your ambition, questions, worries, & wisdom. Think big, start small.
We have some answers below, but if you have any additional questions, please email [email protected]